• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those who haven't stocked up when things were plentiful are creating undue buying stress on the little that becomes available.
    Where is the anger toward this crowd?

is the pot sufficiently stirred now? :stickpoke:
    :p
    :popcorn:

I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I didn't have much more than a couple of bricks before Newtown, but I shot .22LR only occasionally. If I hadn't bought a couple of new guns since, I'd probably still have some of those two bricks and change left. But I'm enjoying the heck out of my Ruger Mk III. So yeah, I'm buying what I can when I can find it for a price I'm willing to pay.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I didn't have much more than a couple of bricks before Newtown, but I shot .22LR only occasionally. If I hadn't bought a couple of new guns since, I'd probably still have some of those two bricks and change left. But I'm enjoying the heck out of my Ruger Mk III. So yeah, I'm buying what I can when I can find it for a price I'm willing to pay.

If I continue to shoot 22 at the pace I have over the last 2 years, I have enough for 150+ years

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I probably haven't shot 200 rounds of 22 in the last 2 years. You know, a sensible rate when you don't know if you'll ever be able to replace it.

200 rounds in 2 years just isn't possible for me at this point. I'm a workaholic. Shooting the MK III is my zen. I hit the range 2 or 3 times per month. Each trip I shoot maybe ~100 rds. So between 200 - 300 per month. I have enough to last through the year now at that rate. I'll probably continue to buy it when I can find it for what I'm willing to pay. If I get into a drought, I'll probably back off the schedule.

Catching up on these last few pages has made me decide to pick up some .22LR at my local Wal-Mart this weekend. See you guys at 7AM. Lol!

7 AM? couldn't do that. I hit Cabella's every few weeks at 9AM. Sometimes I get lucky. Sometimes not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I only show up when it is actually there -- I'm not one of those guys who shows up every morning hoping it is there.

Well, let me know when it's there then. I went to Cabella's this morning on the way to work and they had nuttin'. Haven't been in several weeks. Struck out this morning.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I love the talk about "hold outs" for "flippers".

If defending basic free market ideas is "holding out" against something, count me in.

Also, I have no 22 for sale. So there's that.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Rumor has it- ATF and CME have combined to create new .22LR Federal Flippers License, I thinks it's a FFL - 22LR Allows guys who are real capitalist to invest the egg money on .22lr shells cause it's just like gold and silver. Give them flippers there own market. Maybe that will ease up the lines at wal-mart, gander, etc. LOL.........

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Rumor has it- ATF and CME have combined to create new .22LR Federal Flippers License, I thinks it's a FFL - 22LR Allows guys who are real capitalist to invest the egg money on .22lr shells cause it's just like gold and silver. Give them flippers there own market. Maybe that will ease up the lines at wal-mart, gander, etc. LOL.........

More emotion.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Nope, just the wal-mart, gander mtn., etc. market vs. uh, uh, the ..... black market????? Just money man, no emotions to it. Good shootin to ya!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope, just the wal-mart, gander mtn., etc. market vs. uh, uh, the ..... black market????? Just money man, no emotions to it. Good shootin to ya!

So every collector who sells anything they ever bought needs a business license or an investment advisor has to get a cut or it's black market?

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    So every collector who sells anything they ever bought needs a business license or an investment advisor has to get a cut or it's black market?

your posts in this thread, you look like flip-flopper????? Not sure if you're a .22lr flipper of flipper hater. Looks like U r lota wind, excitement, tell-me-this, emotion this, define this, Can't seem to make trip to wal-mart and let others know what ya find on the shelves? Done with reading the churning and grinding for few wks too.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I'm 'short' on 'flippers' but 'long' on .22LR. So there... Or maybe its the other way around. Now I'm confused.

I would like to buy 10 August .22LR contracts at $500. ($50/1000 rnd contract).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is indeed emotion. everything you stated is without fact. You can add as many LOLs as you like. It doesn't change the tone of your posts, except to demonstrate your contempt.

You guys complain and mock and whine because you believe "flippers" are violating some universally understood code of ethics. 'Thou shalt not buy up thy neighbor's fair share of the ammo supply at Walmart such that the little children go deprived of shooting sustenance. And double wrath be upon thee if thou shalt profit from it'.

But it's not universally understood. You're only projecting your own moral code onto everyone else as if they should live by your standard of ethics. And when they don't, you complain, mock, and whine. Yes, that's emotion.

It's fine to develop a set of standards that YOU live by. So YOU live by them. Stop judging others who don't.

Top Bottom