Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    any reviews worth reading on them?

who has them?

complaints? praise?

please let me know, My BIL was looking at an ATI Titan for my sister for christmas, as she like them. She likes them because she shot 7 rounds through one once and hit the target everytime. so I had steered him towards the tauruas PT1911 in 9mm as it would be similar, with a proven warranty ( I expect low end 1911's to need this), and much cheaper to shoot than .45.

then the .22 1911's hit my radar again and I am curious.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm a GSG1911 believer, too. Great gun. I haven't put the 30k rounds through mine that gglass has documented, but I've probably got every bit of 8 or 9k and have had a similar, very good experience with it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Another big + 1 for the GSG 1911 here, it's a great all around pistol, fun, cheap to shoot, reliable. Mine eats most anything with no problems, plan on warming it up tomorrow morning. :)

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Like the other guys have said you can't go wrong with the GSG, but stay away from he Chiappa. I got a used one on trade and it was far from reliable so I ended up getting rid of it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm digging all the love for the GSG, but I'm torn on wanting the RIA offering, too. I think for boths respective price, I might get them both and keep the one that strikes my fancy the most.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I have shot the Wather / Colt 1911 Rail gun in .22, its OK but it has a fixed barrel.

It appears to have a full size slide, but the barrel is shorter than I expected.

I saw a decent review, but it is not as good as I hoped.

I did shoot 45 acp better after some time with the .22 lr.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    My gsg has been great, good to train with and fairly accurate, utterly reliable. My only complaints are the finish wears easily and the thumb safety has too much play for my taste. I've had about 3000 rounds through mine now

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Anybody put a suppressor on a GSG?

Sure have. I run one pretty frequently. Mine's the Huntertown Arms Guardian. It does not obscure the factory sights and my GSG cycles fine with both Federal Bulk Pack and CCI subsonic. The CCI is a little quieter perhaps, although the Federal is quiet enough that I suspect it doesn't make trans-sonic velocity out if the GSG either (no chrono to confirm). Mine would NOT cycle the slide with the "primer only" Remington CeeBees, or the Aguila "primer only" cone point ammo.

You'll need an adapter to go from the metric threads on the GSG to the standard threads on most .22LR suppressors.

I agree with the above poster that the finish on the slide wears pretty quickly right in front of the dust cover, but mine seems to have reached an equilibrium point and it isn't getting any worse. Someday I may get it recoated, but for now I have just left it alone.

Last edited:

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I know the OP stated 1911 and from what I've heard and felt (but not fired) the GSG is the pick of the litter (and I also understand the sig version to be produced by gsg as well, not the other way around) however if "1911 like" grip and controls is the concern there is the ruger mark III 22/45 which has an excellent reputation ....... good luck
    Dan T

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Stay Away I Agree

Like the other guys have said you can't go wrong with the GSG, but stay away from he Chiappa. I got a used one on trade and it was far from reliable so I ended up getting rid of it.

+1 on stay away from the Chiappa.
    I have heard many good things about the GSG's, but do not own one.
    Unfortunately, I do own a Chiappa.
    They are a complete waste of time. To bad, as the CS people at Chiappa,
    try very hard to be helpful.
    You just can't fix crap.
    My two cents.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anybody put a suppressor on a GSG?

I have the Sig, but it is just a GSG with Sig grips and engraving. I have the TAC-65 suppressor on mine and have run about 3,000 rounds through it.I run the CCI Standard Velocity 40gr rounds through mine and they are subsonic at 1070 fps. The weapon sounds like a pellet gun (maybe quieter) and I can hit 12" steel plates all day long at 100 yards (resting the weapon on a bag).

It took about 200-300 rounds to really get the weapon to function flawlessly. I had to wear the factory finish off the bottom of the slide, where the rails contact the frame before it was perfectly smooth and functioning 100%. I use a little Shooters Choice red gun grease on the slide, like I do with all my Sig weapons, and have had no problems at all.

GSG or Sig should work well for you.

Top Bottom