• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I have ran across some. 223 ammo steel case ammo wolf brand 260 bucks for 500 rds was curious if it was worth buyig I know finding any 223 is hard to come buy

All I shoot through my AR is Tula. Never a jam. The price you quoted is double what it was pre-newtown, but if you got the $$$ go for it.

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Steel cased Ammo is good imho. At this point unless your a reloader I don't see the point in waiting around for brass to become cheap again. Shoot whatever it is you can get your hands on at what you feel to be a fair price.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I have ran across some. 223 ammo steel case ammo wolf brand 260 bucks for 500 rds was curious if it was worth buyig I know finding any 223 is hard to come buy

The ammo is good to go. The price is not.

TulAmmo used to sell online for $200/1k rounds. I know ammo is hard to find right now, but it's not worth paying double IMO. And if people keep buying it at those prices, there's no reason for the price to go down.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Just don't shoot brass cased ammo without cleaning the chamber first after firing steel cased ammo.
    The residue left by the incomplete expansion of the steel cases in the chamber acts like carbon glue when a brass case fully expands into the chamber.
    Other than that steel is good to go.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    What gun are you firing it in or would be firing it in? I assume an AR based on the .223 , so alot depends alot on your AR, if you have a very tight chamber such as a match grade chamber or just a real tight tolerance, you might have trouble. I have 2 ARs, one will run anything i can throw at it, the other, has a tight chamber, it will not run steel case at all. I might get 5 rds to cycle before it fails to eject. and yes, I upgraded the extractor and super cleaned the chamber, it just wont cycle correctly with the steel. my advice, if you can, track down a box or two of the steel case stuff and make sure it runs in your gun before dropping that kind of coin on something you're unsure of.

Top Bottom