• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Hey guys, I want a military type .22 for having fun... I like the M&P15/22, Sig522, Colt 22lr m4, .22 Scar (Issc... even though I have read terrible things about them) ect... any suggestions on what you would do with?

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    I just bought a Ruger 10/22 takedown and have several 25 rd steel factory mags. Not what you are looking for but I sure like the whole package from the ease of take down to the cool multi pocket carrying case.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I already have a ruger 10/22 for screwing around, as well as a fully customized 10/22 with custom silhouette micro-fit stock, whistle pig barrel, kidd 2 stage trigger, kidd receiver and bolt, with a leupold scope... dont need any other of that type of stuff... I also do not want a drop in archangle type stock...

any other feedback on what I mentioned in the original post?

Thanks
    Bc

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I have (had?) a 15-22 that my youngest daughter has laid claim to. She loves the light weight and the ergonomics. She may cause the extinction of the tin can in southern IN all by herself. I have eight magazines and I can't keep them loaded in time for her. I had to get a dedicated .22 upper for an ar15 just to shoot with her. Great gun and a great problem to have.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll add a +1 for the mp. I love mine. I am also up to 8 mags, and it still isn't enough to stop me from being annoyed at having to stop and reload:D

Have had zero problems as well. Mine did not like the bulk Winchester ammo. Has been fine with anything else though.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have the Colt and couldn't be happier. I've not had any problems that I've read others have. I've had problems with ammo, but the same ammo gave me problems in other guns I have.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I too have a ruger 10/22 with volquartsen trigger, hogue stock, and tactical solutions barrel, which I love. But I did buy an M&P 15-22 hoping it's "cool factor" would get my son more interested in shooting. Unfortunately he loves the one hole accuracy of the ruger. Fortunately the M&P 15-22 found someone else to love it, my daughter! The light weight, adjustable stock, and Timney trigger make it a perfect gun for her. I've been very happy with it.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I just bought a Ruger 10/22 takedown and have several 25 rd steel factory mags. Not what you are looking for but I sure like the whole package from the ease of take down to the cool multi pocket carrying case.

+1 on that, I really like my 10/22 takedown.

However if you really don't want a 10/22, the GSG-5 is fun, I had one of those for a short while, fun for sending lots of lead down range.

Top Bottom