• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    The Wal-Mart here hasnt had 22 bulk packs in over a month :(.

Same here everywhere local is sold out .22's period except .22WMR. Dunhams had a 5 shelf rack 10-12 feet long that was almost all .22 ammo and I was in there 3-4 days ago and the shelf had been completely removed from the floor because all the ammo was gone! Are you flipping kidding me? Unreal.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    The columbus indiana walmarts have had .22 today. got lucky and found some 9mm and 45 as well. Get it if you're in the area

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    The columbus indiana walmarts have had .22 today. got lucky and found some 9mm and 45 as well. Get it if you're in the area

I was just about to post this. I stopped in the Columbus walmart right off 65 today and they had several 225 packs of Remington Golden Bullets.

I don't like the stuff at all so I didnt buy any, but if that's your fancy...

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I swung by the Noblesville Walmart today and the shelves looked pretty well raped. Not much in there unless you want some shotgun shells. Oh, how I love the panic buyers. The worst part is that I suspect those panicking the most and buying up everything are probably not regular shooters but first-time gun owners who are worried that the end of times are getting closer.

Well, not much I can do except keep swinging by and seeing if they have anything in stock and picking up a few boxes or two when I see them.

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    All of the Indy stores are cleaned out of just about everything too. I'm looking for 9mm and 22LR and you just can't find any. Curious how long this is going to last?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Really? My M&P22 loves the Remington Golden Bullets. I have tried the Federal 550 and I had decent luck with the first box (nothing too abnormal for .22) Then on the 2nd and 3rd box attempts I was plagued with feeding issues. I tried a few out of a buddy's Winchester 555 box and my M&P hated those too. I switched to Remington Golden Bullets and haven't had many problems since. Of course if you want no problems CCI is best.

Remington Golden Bullets are recommended for use in my AA kits and have functioned well in them (Federal will not feed at all in my AA kits). They also work well in my 15-22.

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I've heard a lot of bad things about Remington's 22LR these days too. I haven't shot any in a long while. But I did find a couple boxes of 225ct Golden Bullets. I'll find out soon enough if my Mark III or 10/22 doesn't like 'em...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yeah, the scouts had some bulk Rem cheapo crap and it blew up two of my dad's Remingtons, a 552 and 572. Both back in service. 572 cracked the forend and maybe lost an extractor. 552 had extractor and something else break.

I like CCI Minimags in most everything. Did find a lost brick of PMC Zapper and WW Wildcats in a misplaced ammo can. That was pretty sweet (heck I lost it for at least 8 yrs).

WW Wildcat was the only promo stuff I shot and outside of fliers no problems back in the day.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I was at Fields Outdoor Adventures in Rushville today. They had a few cases of .22LR. 5,000 rounds for $225. Not quite as inexpensive as the 525 cases at WalMart or Meijer, but they were actually in stock.

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I was at Fields Outdoor Adventures in Rushville today. They had a few cases of .22LR. 5,000 rounds for $225. Not quite as inexpensive as the 525 cases at WalMart or Meijer, but they were actually in stock.

Is that the gun shop out there? (I'm assuming there's only 1) I've heard some good things about that place. You remember what brand?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    It is a full gun shop and that was first time I have ever been there. I am not sure if there are any other ones in Rushville. I was in New Castle Saturday looking for ammo and I guy told me about Fields. It seemed like a decent enough place. The gun inventory was lite, just about like every other place right now. They did have a lot of ammo, just not the calibers I was looking to buy. I do not remember the brands on the .22.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    My old Marlins love the golden bullets.. Model 60 and a 39A and they eat it and are accurate at 100yd without issues. I tend to buy it and run that. A buddy has a M&P 15-22 and it eats it too without issue.

Ammo is tough now and when you find it you pay more. I landed some 147g 9mm rounds for $13 and bought a box. Went back the next day to buy a couple more boxes and they had raised the price to $17 a box!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think everyone has to learn this lesson "once". During the '08 election panic and ammo got scarce I told myself that once it was over that I'd be stocking up. Once it all got over I picked up enough of the federal bulk packs that I needed to feel comfortable with my supply. Right now I've got a plastic ammo can full of federal 22lr. If you're close to Ft. Wayne and need some I'll hook you up. If you've already got a brick of 22lr, then you should be fine.

Top Bottom