• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    So when they have it what is Wally World getting for the 550 round box nowadays?

Wally's in my area ( southern IN/ northern KY) are selling the Win 555 for $23.97 and availability is increasing . Not every time you go in but at least weekly and sometimes more.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Kid got his first 22 for Christmas last year. He (and I) learned about the shortage soon after that. Didn't like it, but never complained about those who had when I didn't. What you or anyone else had didn't affect my situation.

It took a few months, but I made sure we won't run out soon. Yes I work. Yes it's a PITA to watch the various ammo sites for "deals" or stop in the LGS or Walmart when I'm near one, but it paid off. He can shoot when he wants, however much he wants and I never once had to pay $50 for a brick or stand in line at 6am.

Now that we use this round, I keep my eyes open and stock up whenever I can. Those who won't, but like to complain about how much I have (and how little they have) need to just deal with it.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    You and I are terrible. We're denying grandkids the opportunity to shoot.

Well, I'm planning start to teach my boys to shoot around they are about 10 to 12, so I have 8-10 years to stock up.

I'm that kinda person who believes ammo is more important than guns(hint my signature). I bought 1600 rounds before I bought my first handgun, 1000 rd of 556 before I bought my first AR.

I think now is time for me to buy my first 22, I'm eying on the Marlin 60.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm waiting for the other side of capitalism to kick in and increase supply. I'm wondering why that doesn't seem to be happening. There's been more than enough time for it. The frustrating thing is that it is now hard for some folks to take kids out to shoot. If kids don't shoot, the future becomes more bleak. We need to perpetuate the love for the shooting sports, appreciation, and skill with firearms to preserve our rights. No one will value those rights if they never exercise them. They won't feel the need.

It never ceases to amaze me how sometimes we work against ourselves, without even realizing it.

Maybe we'll get a glut of cheap ammo at some point. At least .223 seems to be reasonably priced and available again. Who would have thought I'd be shooting .223 as an alternative to .22?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm waiting for the other side of capitalism to kick in and increase supply. I'm wondering why that doesn't seem to be happening. There's been more than enough time for it. The frustrating thing is that it is now hard for some folks to take kids out to shoot. If kids don't shoot, the future becomes more bleak. We need to perpetuate the love for the shooting sports, appreciation, and skill with firearms to preserve our rights. No one will value those rights if they never exercise them. They won't feel the need.

It never ceases to amaze me how sometimes we work against ourselves, without even realizing it.

Maybe we'll get a glut of cheap ammo at some point. At least .223 seems to be reasonably priced and available again. Who would have thought I'd be shooting .223 as an alternative to .22?

Never during any of this panic has 22 ammo been unavailable. Apparently preserving our rights and heritage is valuable but not worth more than $50 for a box of 22.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    In my area, 22lr in 550 packs are basically not seen. Some of the Big Box stores have a few 50 rd boxes(Cabelas- HPs 50 rds, $8.99 per), forget Wally Mart. It has been a year since the stupidity has started. Maybe South stores have a little, but the ammo re sellers want to gather big business here in NW Indiana. I refuse to pay $60.00-$95.00 for a 550 rd box of 22lr ammo! Online sales seem to show some inventory, till you order, same old "if it's available" disclaimer. Big joke.
    Have decided to slow down the hobby(target shooting), till this horse hockey stops.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I bought 45K rounds as a insurance replacement. Paid 13.5 cents per round... much higher than the 3.8 cents per round that I paid for it a few years ago. So am I hoarding .22LR? Your damn right I am...

Gunner

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Wally's in my area ( southern IN/ northern KY) are selling the Win 555 for $23.97 and availability is increasing . Not every time you go in but at least weekly and sometimes more.

Im still waiting on the glorious day when I walk in an they have one box on theshelf:D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    There are a lot of gun owners that don't shoot very often and didn't realize that .22lr ammo became unobtainium this year. Some gun owners shoot 10,000 rounds a year and some might only shoot once a year. It is probably hard for the more active gun-owners to understand but there are a lot of gun owners that consider themselves supporters of the 2nd Amendment but they haven't actually fired a shot in years and still have that one box of ammo they bought years ago. If you don't shoot often or are new to INGO it is possible that you did just metaphorically just crawl out from under a rock.

since i just got my first 22, i've gotten into it a bit, its available, but only for the few minutes on the exact day the truck comes in and they put it on the shelf. then after the line is gone, its all gone. Its still coming in, just gotta be at the right place at the right time with more money than normal. i did get 550 rounds at walmart the other day for $24, the 4 guys behind me bought up the rest, 1 box limit. it was fun

Ammo flippers buying all the stock they can get their hands on and selling it on gunjoker or at their gunshop for $20 markup or more.

These three pretty much sum it up.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I just left Wal-Mart in Wabash Indiana and you know it is crazy when they have a arse load more .223 ammo on the shelf than they do .22 ammo. They had no .22. I don't get it? .22 was not even used in any of these horrible shootings? Why the lack of .22? Its F...in crazy??:n00b:

Top Bottom