• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 22/250 case holds 3ccs of water, compared to 2 ccs of water for a 223 case.

With the correct barrel length and powder it will push 50 gr bullets close to 4000 fps

Of course barrel life will be shorter with the 22/250 , if loaded to these velocities.

But then again , if you want a flat shooting varmint rifle, who cares about barrel life.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    It's a very good cartridge. Accurate and flat shooting.
    You can back off on the load somewhat which will help with the barrel life and you will still have a good, flat shooting load. Tailor it to your needs with different loads.
    I would like to have a 22-250 with a faster twist to shoot heavier bullets but maybe that's what a .243/6mm Rem is for.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    .22-250 Rem. for me..

With a Sierra 52gr. HPBT Match bullet and 33.0gr. of BL-C(2) will shoot one hole groups.

With a 55gr. Hornady V-Max will destroy a Coyote..Bill.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I've heard the same thing time and time again about the rapid barrel wear. Has anybody here or anybody you know has actually burnt a 22-250 barrel out? Pederator hunters swear up and down this is the best calibear to shoot. It shoot flat from either 100 yards out to 400 yards with out affects from the wind. Well that's what I've heard.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I've heard the same thing time and time again about the rapid barrel wear. Has anybody here or anybody you know has actually burnt a 22-250 barrel out? Pederator hunters swear up and down this is the best calibear to shoot. It shoot flat from either 100 yards out to 400 yards with out affects from the wind. Well that's what I've heard.
    Haven't personally owned one, have a .243 so doubt I will, but I have looked at the chambers of a couple a few years ago that had pretty bad erosion right in front of the chamber... That's why I didn't buy them! From what I have read a 1,000 rounds of "hot" ammo can do quite a bit of erosion. I also read (no proof) that even a few rounds fired rapidly (less than 25) can really tear up a barrel if you don't let it cool between shots .

mrmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    I like to keep my loads about a grain below Max with varget accouding to the Lyman manual. I also use the hornady vmax bullets in a Kimberly varmint with a 26inch barrel and easily shoot one inch groups at 200 yards. With it zeroed a an inch high at 100. I am comfortable shooting 3-400 yards

Top Bottom