21 foot rule: Man kills 2 police officers with a knife ( GRAPHIC VIDEO )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colonel_Failure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 lately. I immediately started thinking, man that guy must be using the commando pro perk. I need to throw away my Xbox.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Extremely graphic. But thank you for posting this. It is a good educational oppertunity for us to see how easy it is to die via knife attack. May those officers rest in peace. Also, it shows how if your not ready that the intensity of the moment can really deter your ability to react. I mean, that one officer had a gun, but that guy was able to run around to nearly every officer before he was shot. Scary stuff.

If you feel that someone is getting angry enough at you that they are going to attack you, and especially if they have a knife, guys GET BACK from that. Heck, at least 30 feet. And don't wait to pull your gun. If you feel your safety is being threatened, better to be prepared than wait and be dead. I cannot believe how casual those officers were and how that one guy thought that some lame hit from a baton would stop that guy. Awful stuff.

Last edited:

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have to show this to my wife... She got mad at me a few months ago when a sketchy looking person came from a wooded section next to a white castle parking lot asking for money. His pace was way too fast for my comfort and I pushed the wife behind me and yelled at the guy to stop and leave us alone. He immediately changed directions back into the woods.

She was mad because "he was like 10 feet away from us"...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I looked at this from a different perspective.

First, I think the cops were too confident because the guy only had a knife, they had guns, and there were more of them.

Second, this illustrates how a sudden, violent, aggressive response can overcome multiple attackers.

I showed this to my wife to illustrate how if she were caught in a situation, even with multiple attackers (she won't carry) if she would attack with max violence, she could likely create a moment when she could run away.

It also illustrates a self-defense principle I believe in and that I hope I have the courage and presence of mind to implement, which is that the best time to launch an ultra-violent counterattack is right when the assault begins.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    This is proof. Train with your weapon. I seen on officer raise his rifle but couldn't fire because in the hast he couldn't manipulate the safety so he turn and ran away.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I haven't and won't watch the video. Thanks for the heads up on that one. When I was LEO in the early 90's we had a training day and we did this training exercise. We each went into the room separately and were told when we got in there what the deal was. We had dummy guns so that we were able to pull the gun and try to fire off a round. I am sad to say that not one of us were able to draw from our holstered weapon and get a shot off before the guy with the rubber knife would have stabbed us. We were told repeat the exercise but to point our guns at the guy while challenging him. Everyone of us were able to get the shot off before he closed the distance. That has been almost 20 years ago and I remember it so clearly. Thanks for the post, but I will decline to watch it. The exercise was enough for me. A lot of us cringe when we see the police in our rearview mirrors (me included), but I have a lot of respect for them. Maybe posting this vid will save someone's life.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    North West Indiana
    They were dead the second they surrounded him with guns. Did anyone else notice this? This is POW capture 101 stuff here folks. They surround him as if to take him alive, yet they equip themselves with deadly weapons. Oh yeah, and one baton. just so happens the man to wield the baton is also the guy who mans the most effective weapon for their worst case scenario. These guys did not know what they were doing therefore they died in vain. Know your situation, know your foe, know yourself.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It's the bystander effect. It's not uncommon nor particular to any type of neighborhood. An 80 year old guy passed out from heat exhaustion at 116th/Gray last year, and nobody stopped to help. The only way we found out, was when a passerby call 911, and told us that there was a man lying face down, on the side of the road.

obviously MY (or yours etc) security or safety as a first responder would come first, because you cant help anyone if your injured too. so I would deffinately asses the scene to see what danger to me there was and how I could engage the threat first and neutralize it. then I would definitely help out a person if I saw them down. It really blows my mind that people will walk by persons needing help or dying. gotta hurry and send that tweet or get to starbucks I guess. people are always in a hurry to do something meaningless anymore in the world and all the REAL things in life that matter pass them by.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    North West Indiana
    A life saving reaction seems to be very rare in most bystanders nowadays. They would rather be selfish and gawk at all the horror so they can tell their story to all than to get in there and have the great priviledge of possibly saving a life. I couldnt live with myself if i did not get in there and try to save that man.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    My spanish is not that great but it seemed like she knew the guy for 5 yrs and he wanted something to eat and she would'nt give it to him and thats what started it all.

As for the aftermath of all of that complete fail on all those officers for letting that happen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    And that is why a man with a knife is very, very far from a minor threat just because he has to be within touching distance of me to do damage. Nothing is much scarier than a crazy man with a blade charging at you like that. Reminds you of those old stories of berserkers breaking whole armies.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    My gawd, that whole situation was just a fustercluck.

Of all those cops, nobody could put one shot on the guy in time to save lives. The whole thing looked like a joke, honestly; the police were just standing around staring at this guy, nobody had a gun on him, they were throwing STICKS to each other...holy ****, I could've done better than those police officers with just what I carry in my pockets on a daily basis!

And exactly how long does it take someone to figure out that hey, that police officer who got stabbed? Oh, he's not dead! Holy crap...zero respect for anybody in this video at this point. That camera guy should've checked on that officer by the fence the FIRST time he went and got a close up of him.

I do like the fact that after they cuffed him, (which took WAY too long, by the way,) they just left him to roll around in the dirt for awhile.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    obviously MY (or yours etc) security or safety as a first responder would come first, because you cant help anyone if your injured too. so I would deffinately asses the scene to see what danger to me there was and how I could engage the threat first and neutralize it. then I would definitely help out a person if I saw them down. It really blows my mind that people will walk by persons needing help or dying. gotta hurry and send that tweet or get to starbucks I guess. people are always in a hurry to do something meaningless anymore in the world and all the REAL things in life that matter pass them by.

i would definitely help with out a doubt, but there is also a huge fact being left out about helping someone who is injured. there have been multiple cases where a subj stopped and did help only to turn around and be sued for doing it. that is the one downside to the sue everybody mentality that a lot of folks have.

as to the video the cops had no idea what they were doing you could see it by how close they continued to walk in towards him. he was stationary and they were closing the gap. also why would you ever even consider walking towards a man with a deadly weapon w/ your weapon down and a night stick in your hand. makes no sense. someone should have had the weapon trained on him and as soon as he made that burst , it should have been multiple shots in his chest. to bad they didn't have better training as it definitely cost them a couple officers lives. and the knife looked like a karambit to me

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Without training one of two things will likely happen-

If armed you will stand your ground, or back pedal, get a two hand grip on your pistol and get cut to shreds.
    If unarmed you will attempt to run away and get cut to shreds.

Get training.- George

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Sadly, many people do not view knives as weapons. Even more so with other "edged weapons" that I define as hand held tools capable of cutting or puncturing skin.- George

Top Bottom