• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have kicked off this legislative session correspondence with a letter to Representatives Lucas, Mayfield, and Smaltz; and Senator Aaron Freeman.

The themes and requested actions revolved around amending Indiana's emergency authority for the executive. Reinvigorating firearms training within our public schools and support of the Constitutional duties of the militia. A better and deeper education on both the US and Indiana constitutions. Amending our red flag law to have more protections against false reporting, and stopping non-adjudicated forfeiture.

What will be the primary focus of ISRPA this legislative session?

My hope is a strong push to fix Nantz. The best outcome would be strong protection for use of force in protection of property used for livelihood, primary residence, and transportation.

I also hope, on a non firearms related basis, that Indiana can get its budget in order after blowing projected expenses quite badly over the last two years. If Indiana does not do a better job on both projection of revenue and expense, our surplus will be quickly gone reducing us to no better than blue states.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have kicked off this legislative session correspondence with a letter to Representatives Lucas, Mayfield, and Smaltz; and Senator Aaron Freeman.

The themes and requested actions revolved around amending Indiana's emergency authority for the executive. Reinvigorating firearms training within our public schools and support of the Constitutional duties of the militia. A better and deeper education on both the US and Indiana constitutions. Amending our red flag law to have more protections against false reporting, and stopping non-adjudicated forfeiture.

What will be the primary focus of ISRPA this legislative session?

My hope is a strong push to fix Nantz. The best outcome would be strong protection for use of force in protection of property used for livelihood, primary residence, and transportation.

I also hope, on a non firearms related basis, that Indiana can get its budget in order after blowing projected expenses quite badly over the last two years. If Indiana does not do a better job on both projection of revenue and expense, our surplus will be quickly gone reducing us to no better than blue states.
    I'll field the ISRPA question since that is in my lane. If Nantz v. State gets a hearing in the House we'll drive a stake through it's heart. A bill to do that has passed the Senate 3 times. One Wendy McNamara has managed to kill it in the House since she chairs the committee it is assigned.

There is a reason there are now Co-Directors of Government Affairs in the ISRPA. I do what I do (rally the troops, provide a draft to send to the Senators/Reps, testify at the Statehouse, attempt to mass the forces of NRA/ISRPA/2A Project/INGO.)

I AM NOT, repeat, NOT a person who goes and meets the politicians in their office or at the local martini bar. That is not my thing and gin is disgusting. However, the other Co-Director for Government Affairs is Jerry Torr who was a State Rep for like 26 years. He does do that stuff, plus he knows where the bodies are buried.

My Intel sources are telling me we might be on defense with "safe storage" laws. If one gets a hearing, you better believe I'll be rallying the troops.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Things on my list this year.

Repeal the no car sales on Sunday thing. Yes I know Kelly in Avon loves this, but dammit. The last of the Blue Laws need to GO.
    Repeal the statute about ballistic knife thing
    plus he knows where the bodies are buried.

My Intel sources are telling me we might be on defense with "safe storage" laws. If one gets a hearing, you better believe I'll be rallying the troops.
    Ahh HELL no...

First this is Indiana. The bodies of opponents go in the Canal.

Second. There isn't any way we need safe storage laws.

Third, when the Shendig kicks off in January. I will be back with my infamous kabitzing, and posting of compromising screenshots. Stay off Camera if you don't want your face all over Ingo. Just ask Chief Scumbag! Also stay tuned, you never know if ole Vernon Shush will turn up this time? Did anyone ever find him?

1726007515706.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We will be able to buy cars on Sunday?
    The speed limit will get raised to 75?
    The Ballistic Knife ban will be repealed?

View attachment 382848
    Ya know Norm...

I'm more positive than usual on getting Nantz v. State kicked to the curb.

We might be playing defense on some, storage bills might be getting a hearing.

We should be seeing the Amend the Indiana Constitution bill coming up again. It passed in 2023, has to pass in two different IGA sessions, then it will go to the ballot Sate-wide. Currently the only crimes that are "no bail" in Indiana are murder and treason. Yes, treason against the State of Indiana. Whoever wrote it back in 1816 was looking at a copy of
    the US Constitution because it nearly mirrors it on treason.

In 2023 I went in to testify in opposition to the amendment because it was just too vague. Senator Koch comes up an amendment which was pretty much what I was going to recommend it say. About 10 seconds later I get called to testify. I think I said something along the lines of, "I'm cool with this now."

Top Bottom