• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    So as usual my sons aren't even close to ready for deer season. Well, one, the other has only hunted a couple times before and wants to get into it more. Now they are adults, the older boy is 30 who has only hunted a couple times, the other is 26 and has been hunting since he was 8 or 9.

Anyway the younger boy just told me that his bow is trashed. The other doesn't have one. The wife and I have been thinking about maybe getting them each one so they can hunt. A crossbow that is. I know there are people who don't like crossbows during archery, but it is legal so here we are. Found these at Rural King in Princeton. They had one each of camo and black left so we bought them. Did a little research, they aren't Ravin or even TenPoint, but they should work for a few years until they decide to spend their own money if they want fancy ones.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Yeah, son got a deer today. On public land.

Have to call and email a few places after being harrassed by a DNR officer who doesn’t understand 312 IAC 9-3-3 h) as it’s amended for this year, and the difference between “use” and “possession”. And the fact that I am allowed to “possess” that device when it will only be used for retrieval purposes

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, son got a deer today. On public land.

Have to call and email a few places after being harrassed by a DNR officer who doesn’t understand 312 IAC 9-3-3 h) as it’s amended for this year, and the difference between “use” and “possession”. And the fact that I am allowed to “possess” that device when it will only be used for retrieval purposes
    (h) An individual must not use infrared sensors to locate or take deer. An individual must not hunt or retrieve deer with the aid of an infrared detector.

??

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    (h) An individual must not use infrared sensors to locate or take deer. An individual must not hunt or retrieve deer with the aid of an infrared detector.

??
    That changed this year but the possession and use part may need to be cleared up
    • Allows hunters to use an infrared sensor to retrieve a legally taken (dead) deer.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Me and my grandson was out all but about 2 hours yesterday in a blind and never saw a deer. It stopped raining and are now in a tree stand. Hopefully they will be moving today.
    Good luck to all youts out today.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse

??
    (H) an individual may not use an infrared sensor to aid in taking a deer.

The rule was expressly amended to allow the use to retrieve a dead deer, there is NO prohibition on the simple possession during a hunt anywhere in Indiana code (the next section (i) was even amended to remove “possess” from the electronic caller prohibition)

DNR is arguing that you “could” be using it for the pursuit and taking of a deer, which is a thought crime and not backed by the code

Top Bottom