iu

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never noticed how similar Trump's and Lionel's hair styles are. :): And although Lionel is playing the piano, one could easily imagine trump on a keyboard pounding out tweets... :):

Snoopy is my reaction if he picks her for the nomination. I'm not sure who Lucy would represent.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Viva Frei (Lawyer on YouTube) has a weekly interview with Robert Barnes on various current legal/political issues.
    This week had a very interesting segment on Ginsburg's passing and a comparison of Barrett & Lagoa as possible replacements.

[video=youtube;WXdvK7Qxyto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXdvK7Qxyto[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    2 Key GOP Votes Say They Support Filling SCOTUS Vacancy

Jennifer Jacobs of Bloomberg News reported of Iowa GOP senator Charles Grassley, “Grassley will push forward with filling the US Supreme Court vacancy. ‘…make no mistake: if the shoe were on the other foot, Senate Democrats wouldn’t hesitate to use their Constitutional authority and anything else at their disposal to fill this seat,”’ he says in a statement.”

Roughly 40 minutes later, Andrew Desiderio of Politico released news of Colorado GOP senator Cory Gardner: “BREAKING: McConnell locks in Sen. Cory Gardner ‘I have and will continue to support judicial nominees who will protect our Constitution, not legislate from the bench, and uphold the law. Should a qualified nominee who meets this criteria be put forward, I will vote to confirm.’”

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I never noticed how similar Trump's and Lionel's hair styles are. :): And although Lionel is playing the piano, one could easily imagine trump on a keyboard pounding out tweets... :):

Snoopy is my reaction if he picks her for the nomination. I'm not sure who Lucy would represent.

That’s “Schroeder” (Lucy’s unrequited love) playing the piano. “Linus” is Lucy’s brother with the stringy hair.
    Since Lucy is a self-described “fussbudget”, I’d say Lucy is playing Susan Collins,

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Any Democrat you choose. She is adept at trying to move the football as it is about to be played.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know this won't happen, but for people who know better than me, I'd like to know...

What would happen to the election if Trump got super cheeky and nominated Biden to the supreme court?

Intentionally nominating a political opponent, knowing they won't survive your term, to get them out of the way.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As far as power goes, it’s hard to think of a more powerful position in the US Government. 1/3 of the authority of the federal government held by 9 individuals with no term limits.
    You are saying a USSC justice is higher than the President? The "leader of the free world"? I really have to disagree with you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You are saying a USSC justice is higher than the President? The "leader of the free world"? I really have to disagree with you.

What he is implying is the power to legislate from the bench is so pervasive and unchecked by elections that it may be persuasive...

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    So all of the Republican Senators saying they don't want to vote for a nomination, are they able to abstain from it or are they forced to vote?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Viva Frei (Lawyer on YouTube) has a weekly interview with Robert Barnes on various current legal/political issues.
    This week had a very interesting segment on Ginsburg's passing and a comparison of Barrett & Lagoa as possible replacements.

[video=youtube;WXdvK7Qxyto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXdvK7Qxyto[/video]
    Barnes doesn’t speak very kindly of Barrett. As a matter of fact he would be flatly opposed to her nomination. Says he favors Lagoa.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Why do women report rape and sexual assault cases to Campus Cops?

Report to the real police and let the real courts adjudicate and punish the offender.

Uhhhh, I can speak to this. Campus police ARE the real police, with all the same powers and responsibilities as local law enforcement, and trained and certified the same way. Many are even retired FROM the local agency, and bring all of their training and experience with them to the campus, including detectives. Any case that’s reported to campus police is investigated in exactly the same manner as any other agency, and processed through the local court.

While some colleges and universities may have non-sworn public safety/security officers, any agency that has a police department falls under the above category.

If you really want your mind to be blown about campus law enforcement, read about the Clery Act.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Will it be a name not mentioned in the news? Drop it on Friday, The Turtle cranks up on Monday?

Top Bottom