• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    i really dont want a small army there. mabye im crazy but this will be wierd for me having x people on my farm that i dont know. out of everyone comming ill know 3 people so i would like to keep the numbers down. im sure that makes sence to some folks here.

I totally understand, and it may be my fault for not keeping up on this thread. Basically, I was looking to come and watch the shoot with a cousin and maybe my dad in tow. If that's not cool, just say the word and you can't count us out. Just quit making this event sound so ****ing fun! Try to make it sound mundane and boring :D

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I totally understand, and it may be my fault for not keeping up on this thread. Basically, I was looking to come and watch the shoot with a cousin and maybe my dad in tow. If that's not cool, just say the word and you can't count us out. Just quit making this event sound so ****ing fun! Try to make it sound mundane and boring :D

how do you make shooting sound boring?

and FTR, i am almost positive that the list of attendees is closed at this moment.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    On my last post i asked Militarypolice about the list of onlookers and i was wondering if there is no list , if it would be possible for me to show up to watch the event.

thank you,

Sorry, let me reword my answer. We have gave permission to "x" number of people to come watch and stopped giving permission a couple weeks ago as there had to be a stopping point in the amount of people attending. As for a "Stand-by Watcher List" I don't have one myself and I'm pretty sure Vette doesn't have one either. I have only given permission to 1 member to bring a guest, everyone else has been passed on to Vette to say yes or no. Once he felt we had enough people showing up to watch we stopped giving out permission. If one of the "x" people that we have already told can come watch does not show his spot will not be filled in. I hope that clarifies your question a little better.

I have three 12 inch plates, 1 6 or 8 inch? and 1 four inch... they have holes in the top, but i have not made stands for them yet...

i also a a 6 inch "auto popper" that we can use...

all ar 500 steel.

Awesome, Thanks. I remember someone saying they were bring some but I couldn't remember who it was. :D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sorry, let me reword my answer. We have gave permission to "x" number of people to come watch and stopped giving permission a couple weeks ago as there had to be a stopping point in the amount of people attending. As for a "Stand-by Watcher List" I don't have one myself and I'm pretty sure Vette doesn't have one either. I have only given permission to 1 member to bring a guest, everyone else has been passed on to Vette to say yes or no. Once he felt we had enough people showing up to watch we stopped giving out permission. If one of the "x" people that we have already told can come watch does not show his spot will not be filled in. I hope that clarifies your question a little better.

Awesome, Thanks. I remember someone saying they were bring some but I couldn't remember who it was. :D

originally i said it would be no problem with spectators. that was when i thought very few people would drive all the way to liberty. i was wrong and we had tons of folks wanting to come. i am the one who said we have enough people for the first event. on the next one mabye we will have all the spectators that want to come. this is kind of a trail event but after the feedback i have gotten so far i cant imagine it being the last. i think im going to go to work on a new range for summer time. it will probably be a 200-250 yd range but if that comes to pass we will have atleast somthing this summer.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    how do you make shooting sound boring?

Just try your best! :D

Milpol and Vette, since I cannot attend and watch, is there any chance of someone shooting some video? I was dying to come and watch people who know what they're about while they shot the different events.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Just try your best! :D

Milpol and Vette, since I cannot attend and watch, is there any chance of someone shooting some video? I was dying to come and watch people who know what they're about while they shot the different events.

i know there will be quite a few cameras and i believe (dont hold me to it) somone mentioned video taping it

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some basic info please

Been scanning the posts and still have a few questions in case I get a chance to come to the next one.
    1. How far do you plan to shoot 22 rimfire? Have no Idea what the drop is for 200yrds. I've tried to shoot my Marlin at 200 yrds but couldn't figure out where I was hitting. Probably need a bigger target.
    2. I have some modern manufacture 8mm sniper ammo I'd love to try at longer than 200yrds with my 98K, probably can't compete with some of the fancier equipment you all might have, but shoot'n makes me feel good!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Been scanning the posts and still have a few questions in case I get a chance to come to the next one.
    1. How far do you plan to shoot 22 rimfire? Have no Idea what the drop is for 200yrds. I've tried to shoot my Marlin at 200 yrds but couldn't figure out where I was hitting. Probably need a bigger target.
    2. I have some modern manufacture 8mm sniper ammo I'd love to try at longer than 200yrds with my 98K, probably can't compete with some of the fancier equipment you all might have, but shoot'n makes me feel good!

you can compete with whatever you want. this is more a fun comp than a realy serious one. its not loike we are shooting for a big jackpot.

we are shooting at 200 for the rimfire. there will be a sightin period and ill probably have targets out at 50-100-125-150-175. im going to say most folks dont know there drop at 200yds. i dont know mine yet but i will by the shoot

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks!

I'll probably try to get to Crosley's 200 yrd range with a very big target and try to figure out wher I'm hitting at that range. Got my Marlin shooting nickel to dime size groups at 50 yrds!

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Update: With less than one month to go. I have received conformation from all but 1 person (hoping for a response soon). I hope a majority of you have your rifle's zero'd and your ammo stocked up. I know I plan on going out to the range at least 1 more time before the shoot to make sure I'm dead on target. A couple of us will be heading out to look at the shooting area on the 27th of February. Around the first of March the address will be sent out to everyone on the list via PM (please DO NOT share this address with anyone that's not on the list). It looks as if the pitch-in has came together. I added a list to the OP of what everyone told me they were bringing. If anyone wishes to add to the list please let me know. As for the targets, with a little luck I plan on spending a majority of the day tomorrow building them.

I figure the way it will go down is as followed... Once everyone arrives by 11AM the safety briefing will get underway. We will have an area marked off for last minute zero'ing for those that need it. We will spend the next hour chowing down on some food, getting to know each other, and call the zero range hot for those that need it. I say by 12 Noon, the events will get underway and we will go from there.

If anyone has any questions post up! :ingo:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i haven't even shot my rimfire gun in years so you are a step ahead of me. i still have to see what ammo it likes. as soon the temp get warmer ive got alot of shooting to do with both guns

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I got a lot done today...

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Nooo! You are FAILING at making this sound boring! Milpol, those hanging steel targets look sweet and very simple, nice work. I'll volunteer to sit out at 600 yds, in a bunker, and re spray paint those for ya! :D

I'm really hoping for another one of these this summer. :ar15:

samariojeep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fishers
    HELL YES

Nooo! You are FAILING at making this sound boring! Milpol, those hanging steel targets look sweet and very simple, nice work. I'll volunteer to sit out at 600 yds, in a bunker, and re spray paint those for ya! :D

I'm really hoping for another one of these this summer. :ar15:

I second that motion i will like to be on that list as soon it comes out

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom