• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I was hoping reloading wouldn't be hit as hard this time around. Just 2 weeks ago I bought a box of bullets, tray of primers and reloaded 100 lrn 38 special. But today I stopped at Cabela's to pick up some .45 bullets and primers and the shelves are bare. Checked online, back order only on pretty much everything.

I was really hoping this panic market was going to be more focused on the hardware, not the ammo, and especially not the components of the ammo.

I didn't expect this, so my stock in hand/reserves is/was about 100ish rds per caliber. I didn't ever keep large quantities of bullets on hand. Brass and powder not an issue. Primers, I've got enough to get through what bullets I've got left. Guess this is a lesson to learn, hoard everything. I relaxed too much and now I haven't got what I need when I need it.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I'm just beginning to set up for reloading. Sounds like I may be too late.

Just sit on your thumbs and wait it out, keep your eyes open for the stuff you need/want, and it will come back around. Ive been reloading for several years now, grew up with my dad reloading all of his own ammo as well. There are always ups and downs, but it will come back around. I try to keep enough on hand supplies to keep me comfortably in ammo for hunting and target shooting for a year out, and resupply as I find items in stock accordingly. Sometimes I run low (or even out), but have never had to wait for very long for the shelves to start filling back up.

VAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Cabelas had stacks of large pistol primers on the 1st when I was there. They were behind the counter. Other than that they were picked over pretty good.

Top Bottom