• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Churchmouse, i run 1/2 in fuel line from the fuel cell to the pump 3/8 to the carbs. Yes it keeps the bowls full it will pull 6,000 rpm although i try not to punish it like that. It is a 1966 375 hp motor i put a crane cam worked on the heads a little and believe it or not those are the original 11.0 to 1 pistons standard bore from 1966.

I built this engine in 1982 only thing has been changed since are the valve springs had a couple break. The engine still runs strong i only drag raced a few years at Muncie after breaking spider gears and axles in the GM 12 bolt i put a Moser spool and axles with the c clip eliminators, and a 456 gear. The car was a factory SS 396 with a 4spd i still run the 4spd which is a rarity these days at the drag strip all autos with trans brakes and delay boxes.

Auto trans in a 60s muscle car is just not right. My best time was 12.90 at 107mph not too bad for a basic stock engine and a full interior. In the process now of putting it back on the street, need exhaust, tires and wheels, and a stock fuel tank the 8 gallon cell wont go far. Sorry for the long post Churchmouse cars and guns are my real passion i can talk forever.

Churchmouse thanks for the intrest in my ole clunker i love the ole car i have had it since a year after i graduated high school in 1981 i am now almost 52 had the ole girl a long time.

I did see the 2nd line to the back carb.
    I was raised on 4 speeds and actually stopped Drag racing in the late 70's when My nova stick car could not beat them anymore. I used to make fun of the auto guys. Thought they were sissy's.
    Well, I built the 69 Camaro in the pick in 04 and went Drag racing again. 454 Merlin block and heads. Comp mech. roller cam (big) with all the bracket electronics and an electrically shifted T-400 built to handle the load. Back half car 4 linked with a 9" ford. Strange spool/axles with a 4:56 gear turning 14WX33"s.
    9 flat car. After taking an entire season to learn how to run it I no longer make fun of the Auto boys. It is very busy getting it to the line and staged.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Very Very Very Nice Churchmouse, My wife would love that Camaro, she owns the white one in the picture she would love to have hers hugger orange.

here is a picture i found of mine launching

we will have to get together some time and talk cars and guns maybe meet at parabellum range i have not been there yet.
    Take care Churchmouse and Awesome!!! Camaro i love bigblock Chevys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very Very Very Nice Churchmouse, My wife would love that Camaro, she owns the white one in the picture she would love to have hers hugger orange.

here is a picture i found of mine launching

we will have to get together some time and talk cars and guns maybe meet at parabellum range i have not been there yet.
    Take care Churchmouse and Awesome!!! Camaro i love bigblock Chevys.

Twisting her up.....big torque and a stick car on top of that......:woot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sweet! I contacted some gunsmith buddies, but none of them had any old short triggers laying around anymore.

I have a baggy with some assorted triggers in it. Not sure what I have as they get cycled into RIA's pretty regular. Someone has to keep them running.....:):

Oldsmolet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Bloomington
    It is easy to confuse the 2 years.

I guess for some. That big open grille or that big bar straight across isn't a small difference. I was raised on chevelles though. I have a 68 and my father has a 66 and a 70 convertible.

Ones that confuse me are 71-72. Little grille differences. Lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess for some. That big open grille or that big bar straight across isn't a small difference. I was raised on chevelles though. I have a 68 and my father has a 66 and a 70 convertible.

Ones that confuse me are 71-72. Little grille differences. Lol

64 through 67 are my favorites but I really like them through 71 as well.
    Pic is the last one we owned/built. Big Block 4 sp. car.

Oldsmolet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here's mine. STill have a long way. Owned it since I was 15.....26 now. Too many irons in the fire. It has a big block but is an auto for now.
    ayoghg.jpg

Top Bottom