1918 Remington UMC....:)

rimg.php

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    very nice Leadeye....factory nickel?

No, it's an old job though. Previous owner bought it in El Paso more than 50 years ago although Colt paperwork says it was sold to Sullivan Hardware in St. Louis. I'm betting it went to Mexico where it was fitted with the nickel and ivory stocks. That was a popular look back then in Mexico, the gun probably crossed over to the US afterwards.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Well, it might be nice to look at, but it is now back in Arkansas at a Wilson gunsmith. The pistol would fire just a few rounds before the slide would "hang" not on the round being fed but on the round beneath it still in the magazine. The bottom of the slide seemed to hook or gouge the case of the round in the magazine below it enough that it would stop the slide from traveling forward to battery. And it did not matter what magazine I used... Wow, I couldn't believe that a Supergrade would have such an flagrant malfunction that I had to check and recheck to make sure I was not doing something wrong... The Wilson rep, nice though he was, had difficulty grasping what I was describing since he apparently hadn't heard of a problem like this before. Wilson received it on Monday, we'll see what they say.

I was wondering people's opinion on the 1911 platform in 40 S&W? I had heard it was a difficult caliber to "get right" on the platform, but I suppose 9mm is not that easy either. I bought one myself (used), hoping to try it for the first time today, time permitting. I broke it down completely for deep cleaning. See below:

9baleft.jpg

f0bright.jpg

372top.jpg

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    OA08gaZ.jpg

My Springfield RO Elite Operator in .45 ACP that I've made a few changes to. Once I have my permit in hand, this will be my primary carry gun. I set it up with a 4.5# trigger and I've shot 1940 rounds through it in the last 5 months - 1425 rds of FMJ and 515 rds of my carry ammo. I've only had two malfunctions within 100rds of each other due to a bad mag with tired feedlips. After I chucked that mag, this has kept chugging along

• Polished feed ramp, throated barrel
    • 10-8 Performance Slide Stop, Gen 2
    • 10-8 Performance Recoil Spring Plug
    • 10-8 Flat Trigger
    • Wilson BP Wide Lever Thumb Safety
    • Wilson BP extractor
    • Wilson BP Plunger Assembly
    • Wilson BP Ultralite Hammer
    • Wilson BP Hammer Strut
    • Wilson Deluxe A2 Sear
    • Wilson Searspring
    • Wilson BP Plunger tube
    • Stan Chen SI Magwell
    • EGW Barstock Pin Set
    • EGW Oversized firing pin stop
    • VZ Diamondback Grips w/ Super Scoop
    • VZ Grip Screws
    • Challis grip screw bushings
    • Wolff 23# Mainspring
    • Wolff 18.5# Recoil Spring

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    C30iiTT.jpg

Next is probably the nicest pistol I'll ever own - a Colt government classic that I sent off to Wilson for some changes.

• Deluxe trigger job (Short ultralight trigger, sear, disconnector, sear spring)
    • Fit and tuned Bullet Proof Extractor
    • Polish feed ramp / Throat barrel
    • Contoured magazine well
    • Dehorned for carry
    • Fit Retro Checkered Tab Thumb Safety
    • Hand-finished Deluxe blue (Polished flats, matte rounds, polished thumb safety and slide stop on request)
    • Re-worked magazine release for smooth function
    • Flats of hammer brushed bare and left in the white
    • Replaced plunger tube

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    vermilionbird;[URL="tel:8464891" said:
    8464891[/URL]]
    C30iiTT.jpg

Next is probably the nicest pistol I'll ever own - a Colt government classic that I sent off to Wilson for some changes.

• Deluxe trigger job (Short ultralight trigger, sear, disconnector, sear spring)
    • Fit and tuned Bullet Proof Extractor
    • Polish feed ramp / Throat barrel
    • Contoured magazine well
    • Dehorned for carry
    • Fit Retro Checkered Tab Thumb Safety
    • Hand-finished Deluxe blue (Polished flats, matte rounds, polished thumb safety and slide stop on request)
    • Re-worked magazine release for smooth function
    • Flats of hammer brushed bare and left in the white
    • Replaced plunger tube

You sir have some time and money in your 1911’s they look fantastic and great upgrades.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    Thank you all! My 1911s were only made possible by cutting out drinking and eating out (and cutting my own hair) but I'd have to say I'd much rather spend my money on guns lol.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I'm actually looking with some sympathy at that thread of the guy complaining about the 50 post requirement for the classifieds because dammit I wanna buy some more base guns for builds! :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm actually looking with some sympathy at that thread of the guy complaining about the 50 post requirement for the classifieds because dammit I wanna buy some more base guns for builds! :D
    Just hang in there. There were a couple guys yesterday that were posting one liners so all their posts got deleted and they had to start over. It ain't worth it. You already have a good start on seeming like a regular guy and not just a dick like those guys.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    Just hang in there. There were a couple guys yesterday that were posting one liners so all their posts got deleted and they had to start over. It ain't worth it. You already have a good start on seeming like a regular guy and not just a dick like those guys.

Agreed! Just not worth it to try and do a bunch of filler stuff when getting to 50 isn't really that difficult in the first place

Top Bottom