Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

1911 magazines - Handguns and Ammunition Forums

We've been hashing this out for years. Suffice to say none of the $10 mags are any good, the McCormick Power Mags have puked their floorplates several times, and, not mentioned, I just recently had a little-used A.C.T. mag crack its floorplate.

I use Wilson #47 seven round and government seven round. On my list to try are Checkmate and Tripp, plus a few others.

None are under $30 apiece.

If you don't want to spend money on magazines, get a revolver.

Josh

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Hello,

1911 magazines - Handguns and Ammunition Forums

We've been hashing this out for years. Suffice to say none of the $10 mags are any good, the McCormick Power Mags have puked their floorplates several times, and, not mentioned, I just recently had a little-used A.C.T. mag crack its floorplate.

I use Wilson #47 seven round and government seven round. On my list to try are Checkmate and Tripp, plus a few others.

None are under $30 apiece.

If you don't want to spend money on magazines, get a revolver.

Josh

What I am spending it on is not the problem, it's the spending itself that is my impediment. Miser.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I agree with the above post about getting quality for better performance, however Cheaper than dirt.com has military GI 7 round mags new in the package for $5.97. Thats the cheapest i've found.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I agree with the above post about getting quality for better performance, however Cheaper than dirt.com has military GI 7 round mags new in the package for $5.97. Thats the cheapest i've found.

Really? I've been wanting to try post WWII era mags. Thanks for posting this!

Josh

cdscds

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Buying 10 mags is like buying 25$ tires for your car..... Spend the paper, enjoy the improvement in functionality

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can find CMC 8-rd Power Mags for $18-$22 on sale if you're patient. I've put many thousands of rounds through mine and it's what I have in the single stack guns I would carry if I were carrying them (I used to).

Top Bottom