• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robgoody6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Greensburg
    I like the feel of a 1911 but do not like the cost of ammunition. I am looking at the Taurus PT 1911 9mm. What are your thoughts? Besides the obvious there is nothing like a .45.:patriot:

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    i just bought my wife the taurus pt 1911 9mm. Its a nice gun. She loves it and i have put 300 rounds through it so far with out a problem. I think the trigger could use some work, that being said i am compairing it to my kimber.... so its not apples to apples... over all it is a very nice gun!

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    The rock islands and the sti spartan are both made by armscor in the phillipines. Sure sti uses better sights and barrel but the frames and slides are both hammer forged and good to go. I bought a used spartan and I'm very happy with it. If I had it all to do over again I would have just bought the rock island and spent the money to build it up.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    My next 1911 is gonna be in 9mm. I have owned several Springfields and the price for the product, they are solid in my book. Not sure if I'm wanting an EMP or something bigger, but certainly check out the Springfield products.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I have a Para PDA 9mm and love it as a carry gun and it is a great shooter. They currently do not make this model anymore but I have heard that Para is bringing a similar model out sometime this year. Used ones could be found reasonable but in today's market I don't know what they are bringing.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Saw a PT1911 in 9mm yesterday at a LGS...it looked good. I personally like my PT911 in .45, I'm sure the 9mm version would be nice as well.

buyer2012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    I own the EMP in .40, and I love it. I bought it lightly used for $900. It came with the wood grips, which I found did not fit with the style of the gun, so I upgraded to black AlumaGrips. IMPORTANT: the grips are 1) slimline, and 2) NOT the standard "micro" grip size. They are specific only to the EMP and other grips will just not fit (made that mistake when originally ordering the new grips). Only other thing is fixed front sight, and the rear sight requires the special sight adjuster tool to move. Besides these initial hiccups, the gun has been great, comes with 3 mags, and is the perfect size for carrying. I imagine the 9mm will be the same.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    As usual you hear it on the internet it must be SO .RIA and STI SPARTAN are the same frames . STI sends fire control parts to Armscor the maker of both pistols and has them installed in their pistols . NEITHOR has a forged frame or slide as of now. They are a cast frame and an extruded slide . Armscor has made plans to manufacture firearms in the U.S.A using a forged slide and frame ,they are working on a location for the facility.
    And Yes I own both an STI and a RIA 9 MM and they are good to go.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    If you're ok w/buying used,Star model B is a 9mm 1911 style,without the grip safety. I've had one 10yrs. or so,super reliable and accurate,cool looking as well! Think you can find 'em for $300ish.

JT Meeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Springfield EMP, it's just the right size for carry, if that's what you are looking for. It was a little finicky in the beginning with HPs, but seems to be getting better. Seems to like the Hornady FTP 115gr the best. I have not had any problems with various types of ball ammo.

Top Bottom