• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    No doubt you all have head about this horrible, heinous, vicious act. If you haven't, read : Pakistani girl shot over activism in Swat valley, claims Taliban | World news | guardian.co.uk

I'm sure everyone agrees this was a reprehensible act. My question is this. The media is reporting that the 'world' is outraged at the Taliban for this act (as everyone should be) Taliban shooting of 14-year old sparks outrage in Pakistan - CSMonitor.com
    Do you believe that this will actually put any pressure on middle east countries that support the Taliban to change their position or push the Pakistani army into action against the Taliban in their country?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Which media is reporting outrage? The Western MSM? I don't imagine the Taliban really care what we think.

No change.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    For the short term, I believe that the regions governments may be pushed into doing something against the terrorists (at least publicly). In no way do I think the Taliban will change or damper their attacks.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    What kind of "soldier" shots an unarmed 14 year old girl for wanting to be educated? A bunch of cowards!

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I dont think it will change anything over there. We can hope it will. I heard on the NBC news tonight that they would try to kill her again if she survives, and they were going to go after her father now too. Here's to her speedy recovery!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The only thing that surprises me is that people are surprised this happened. Daily occurrence under sharia, only difference is this girl had an internet connection.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    they only change that will matter, is if the good people that are left there say enough is enough and pick up a firearm or 2x4 or anything and stop the attacks, will many die? Yes but many will die regardless

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm not sure why the OP thinks this incident should change anything in the Islamic Third World; she's just a woman, and all women are good for is producing babies (especially male babies) and doing housework. They're property, just like the men's goats and cattle. The uppity little ***** got what she deserved. So say the Third World Islamists.

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    It will change nothing it happens everyday over there. Back in 2009 when i was there we had a girl come into the hospital on base with over 90% of her body burnt she was only 7 her family set her on fire so they could get medical care for the rest of the family from the doctors on base. I know its not the same as the taliban shooting a 14 yr old girl but it just goes to show how most in that country think.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well something changed...they just arrested 3 of the gunman.....that doesn't usually happen does it? The girl is hanging on but still in critical condition.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just watch the NBC NIGHTLY NEWS with BRIAN WILLIAMS (:rofl:) and heard an update on the story. Here is a link to there vids:World News - International Headlines, Video and Stories | NBC News

Is anyone surprised at the coverage its gotten or the outpouring of Pakistani support for the girl? It seems even the Taliban have had to release statements about why they did this. I myself was a bit surprised (but glad) this young lady's story is still in our news cycle.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    It's a good thing they did not kill several civilians with a drone strike. Can you imagine the outrage?

"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."

Top Bottom