• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    My wife bought me this book. I was wondering how accurate it is on pricing guns and if anyone else has this book and refers to it when they need to price a gun?

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I got one 5 or 6 years ago, neat to look through but IMO the values inside were far above actual pricing.

I notice that also. The book says MSRP which I believe means " Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price". So if you owned a gun shop you can either go lower or higher but the manufacturer has its price on what it should be sold for.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Book-Gun-Values-Fjestad/dp/1936120208/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338557720&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Blue Book of Gun Values (9781936120208): S. P. Fjestad: Books[/ame]

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I use to buy shooter's bible,blue book of gun values and all the rest back when you only had the option of the trader paper to buy used guns. Now days,it's just as easy to look here in the classifieds to see what people are paying for used guns in Indiana.Armslist is also a good source to see what used guns are going for around the country.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have last year blue book, is it pretty good on prices?

On about 70% of the guns it is. Honestly your best way to check prices is gunbroker completed auctions. Take three completed auctions, and come up with an average of the three.

I bought a Germna g 43 at a gunshop that had priced it "blue Book". I paid $1200 and sold it at a gunshow for quite a bit more. Not so accurate on the military stuff is what I am getting at.

Rick

Top Bottom