• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been eyeing a Glock 20SF at a local shop and might have to pick it up if I can come up with some spare cash this time of year. I have a Delta Elite (love it) and a Witness in 10mm (not my favorite) and really like loading for 10mm. I really wish I could find an SAR K2 in 10mm (17+1) but I don't think a single one has made it into the US that I've heard of. I've never been a Glock fan, but I could get used to owning a Glock 20. Congrats on the one you found.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    The Glock 20 my favorite gun I never shoot. When I go home to see my dad in the UP of Michigan I carry it, good Mtn Lion, bear, what ever gun. When I go hiking up north I carry Double Tapp 230 grn fmj, not for the city. Enjoy!

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    Congrats great gun and great caliber! G-20 was my first Glock, and I thought I would NEVER own a plastic gun, and it's been great. Use Hornady 180gr for carry and reload 180gr XTP's for pratice. Liking the 10mm so much I'm thinking about a STI Perfect 10 next :)

Chris

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Too bad the typical 10 mm factory stuff is under loaded. Handloading, you can easily duplicate the Buffalo Bore loads. Think Longshot powder. 1350 FPS with a 180 XTP is no problem. Mine's a S&W 610 revolver, so you auto guys watch the pressures.

nirvanacarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    the grip angles and the hump on the handle was messed with a lil in the gen 4 stuff. i dont liek the older glocks but my gen 4 fits nicely. i have smaller hands so the smaller distancer form backstrap to trigger is nice..

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    The more people on the band wagon the better in my opinion. Maybe we'll see new platforms offered in 10mm. I've been wanting a G20 for some time, I love my G29 and Delta Elite. The 610 is one I'd love to own but never see one for sale when I have the cash.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Where on earth did you find that?

Ruger put out a run for Buckeye Sports years ago. Buckeye Specials. Mine is the 10mm/38-40 Convertible with 7.5" bbl. Not my pics but just like mine.

th

th

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just picked up a Glock 20SF today. I'm a die hard 1911/CZ person, so this was a big departure for me. I've become enough of a fan of the 10mm to actually cross the lines and buy a Glock. I hate to admit it, but it's really not half bad. I need to spend some time at the range with it, but I think I'm going to end up liking Glocks as well as my 1911s and CZs. Once I get through enough ammo to know how it points and that I can trust it, I'll need to go holster shopping. My go-to for holsters has always been the Kramer Scabbard in horsehide, but I just don't know if I want to go leather on the Glock holster. One reason is that I bought this gun to have on me while working on and under cars and that has always been hard on an expensive holster.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Welcome to the 10 MM Club! I received a G20 SF from another INGOer in a trade. He was so distraught he had to get another one! :laugh::laugh:

Edit: If you ever get up north, drop me PM and will take our 10 mm out to the range!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Delta Elite and it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. My only gripe with it is that it comes with an 8 round mag. I would think with the smaller 10mm case, it would be either 9 or 10 rounds. I have not done much of a search to see if 10 round mags are available though, so there might be a bunch out there.

Right now, I'm kind of caught up with Glocks. I picked up a G20sf and liked it a lot. So, I picked up a G29sf and really like that one as well. That's probably the end of my Glock buying, but they have become my standard carry guns now. At the moment, I'm having a hard time trying to find a reason to carry anything other than the G29. It's comfortable to shoot, is accurate and carries very well. I like having 10 rounds of 10mm in a concealable package that will work with the 15 round mags from the G20. Good stuff.

Top Bottom