• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've been looking for a stock for my 10/22. Mostly the gun will be a range/bench gun. I ran across this stock and it seems to be my best option. My 10/22 is currently bone stock. This will be a budget build with the ultimate goal of a .920 threaded barrel.

One of the options I like is the stock has a spacer to accept both a stock barrel and a bull barrel. It also has a rail that can be reversed on the fore grip.

Adaptive Tactical | Product Detail | TacStar? AdTac? RM4 / RM4-SE Rifle Stock

Anybody have any info on quality of it? It is new for 2013 and reviews are scarce. Is Tacstar a good company?

Buds has the black on for $93.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    The stock is built very well and has lots of options. It will work with either the standard barrel or a bull barrel. Has a removable liner to change back and forth.
    The stock adjustment is a little strange but does work well. Doesn't appear to have any issues but is molded to be very tight on the action.
    It feels god enough that I ordered one for my wife in the Muddy girl design.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What you're talking about is the real beauty behind the 10-22. I'm going to mention another stock nobody else has because I like it better than anything else out there. I have a butler creek stainless folding stock and I love it. Cuts the overall length down quite a bit when I transport it, but full size when I need it. I wouldn't recommend it for just sitting at the bench though. My rifle is more of a training/varmint gun. I've shot teh fajen thumbhole stocks and those are pretty nice especially sitting down at the bench. If I were to setup a 10-22 bull barrel for accuracy I'd take a real hard look at this Bell Carlson Target/Varmint Rifle Stock Ruger 10/22 .920 Barrel. It seems to be a good mix of a benchrest stock and something a little more practical for using the gun in the field. The real beauty of the 10-22 is all the great options that you've got and that you can't hardly go wrong.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    What you're talking about is the real beauty behind the 10-22. I'm going to mention another stock nobody else has because I like it better than anything else out there. I have a butler creek stainless folding stock and I love it. Cuts the overall length down quite a bit when I transport it, but full size when I need it. I wouldn't recommend it for just sitting at the bench though. My rifle is more of a training/varmint gun. I've shot teh fajen thumbhole stocks and those are pretty nice especially sitting down at the bench. If I were to setup a 10-22 bull barrel for accuracy I'd take a real hard look at this Bell Carlson Target/Varmint Rifle Stock Ruger 10/22 .920 Barrel. It seems to be a good mix of a benchrest stock and something a little more practical for using the gun in the field. The real beauty of the 10-22 is all the great options that you've got and that you can't hardly go wrong.

Wow! For $200 I'd get a laminated thumbhole stock, which I love. But this is a build on a budget. I have a Marlin Model 60 for any field work that needs to be done so I am ok in that area. The Tacstar can be used with the stock barrel and then when I do finally get the .920, I can just flip the spacer around.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just ordered this from Buds. It had a "Make an Offer" option. Got it for $79 plus $10 shipping and insurance. Can't wait.

Factory mags fit into the butt, reversible rail on the fore end and I can use a stock or bull barrel.
    ATBlack_LG.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is the stock I have on my 10/22

Amazon.com: Archangel 10 / 22 Deluxe Target Stock, BLACK: Sports & Outdoors

I like it but thinking of changing it out for something with a adjustable butt stock. Your 10/22 looks nice have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Haven't had a chance to take it out yet. I do like that the stock is adjustable to about 1" or so longer than the factory stock. Feels really good. I'll give an update here when I do get a chance to shoot it.

Top Bottom