• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I recently picked up a used Ruger 10/22 and have a Archangel kit on backorder from Midway.

I was wondering if anybody has used one of these kits and what they think of them.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I would pass, they seem pretty hokey to me, the gun is fine (and better) in its stock state... use that same ungodly amount of money on ammo and optics and you will be much happier.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    i shot a 10/22 with the archangel kit. for me. it was "Meh". but if you like it.. do it up. for me, nothing gets prettier than a barracuda stock, .920 barrel, and lovely suppressor on the end of it.

eDQti.jpg

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Yeah that a good looking gun but probably alot more expensive then the 250 dollars i will have wrapped up in mine.

I guess i'm more wondering keeping it factory and just get a scope or getting a kit for around 100 dollars.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The 10/22 is an excellent rifle as stock from the factory, but one of the great things about it is the vast amount of aftermarket mods and upgrades you can purchase. If you like the look of the Archangel, then do it.

Disclaimer: I changed out so many parts on my 10/22 that I had enough parts left over to build a new stock 10/22, and I mean that quite literally. :D

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry to bump this but after looking this gun up it appears to be kind of old. The serial # is 233XX and looking at the Ruger's website that serial # was around 1966 if i am reading that right.

If this 10/22 is that old I might have to find another to convert as I only paid 150 dollars for this one and hate to tear apart that old of gun.

If anybody knows any more about these and could help me out it would be awesome.

Thanks

flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Not sure what kit you have ordered from them, but I do have one of their kits the target one. It came with a bolt buffer, extended mag release, and barrel block. its comfortable to shoot and looks nice. Order what looks good and feels comfortable to you. The one nice thing about a 10/22 is you can make it what YOU want.

Last edited:

Indyelmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    I got the Troy T22 sport chassis and it a very nice conversion , I also bought a used 10/22 that was in a M1 carbine stock which is kool but I wanted something different ...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sorry to bump this but after looking this gun up it appears to be kind of old. The serial # is 233XX and looking at the Ruger's website that serial # was around 1966 if i am reading that right.

If this 10/22 is that old I might have to find another to convert as I only paid 150 dollars for this one and hate to tear apart that old of gun.

If anybody knows any more about these and could help me out it would be awesome.

Thanks

Well, if you want to sell it, give me a hollar....then you can get a newer one to mod up. :)

I want one to put a scope and sling on...and take hunting with my son.

Top Bottom