• ...and so much more!
  • bmgreen13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Parts Unknown
    Keep going

Great job, keep it up. Besides the most important factor, your health, think of all the money you are saving and can put towards other intrests you may have :ar15:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Thanks guys! I figure I have saved right around $1800.... Thats a lot of money. I also quit drinking then too (didnt drink very often at all, but still)... So tack that money on... Weird part is, I'm still broke. But my wife has found more money for more shoes.:dunno:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Congratulations.
    Not only is that good for you, but also for those who love you, and for those who are and will be inspired by your success. :yesway:

Oh and for retailers who sell shoes. ;)

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Congrats on a year without smokes,any help for us who relapse?I have give up the booze which was far from easy but cant or aint stopped smoking for some reason

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Congrats on a year without smokes,any help for us who relapse?I have give up the booze which was far from easy but cant or aint stopped smoking for some reason

One day at a time time Bro. My biggest help was that I am very competitive (especially with myself)... I have to one up myself at everything (running, building, whatever).. I also started running right after I quit. I knew I could get 8 months, no problem (I had done it before)... But we found out in January that we were pregnant, so that was more drive to stay smoke free. That and my daughter nagging me nonstop whenever I went out to the garage to smoke.

Now I dread going to my inlaws as they smoke, and I smell like it when I leave. Heck, when I cleaned his guns a while back I could smell smoke on them, LOL! Hoppes took care of that though.

Honestly, just get someone to ride your ass, set your mind to it, and dont accept failure. Oh and Wellbutrin helps to control the moods..

427TriPowered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    good for you mcolford...

when it smells good... and your recollection is it tastes good... dont do it... not even if its gonna be one and done... it will taste like an ashtray... then you start chasing the pleasure you once knew... then you are addicted all over again...

j o

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Congratulations to all who have kicked this nasty habit. Would any one of you care to share your secrets or suggestions as to how you put them down?

Top Bottom