+1 to Hamilton County Sheriff's Office (Traffic Accident)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I would like to thank Deputy Justin Whitaker of the HCSO for his professionalism in many areas. We were in a traffic accident at 146th and Grey this evening and I was carrying my XDS .45. They were going to take me to the hospital after hitting my head and injuring my right hand. I let the fireman know about my .45 and he told me the Deputy would take care of it. I told the Deputy my LTCH was in my wallet but he said he didn't care about that and only wanted to help me take it off and get on the stretcher. After I left with my son to the hospital, he stayed with my 3yr old daughter and entertained her as my wife was loaded in the ambulance.

At the hospital, he gave my XDS back to my father in law. We chatted a little about the XDS because his wife carries one.

Thank you to the men and women of Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, Carmel Police Dept, and Carmel Fire Dept.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would like to thank Deputy Justin Whitaker of the HCSO for his professionalism in many areas. We were in a traffic accident at 146th and Grey this evening and I was carrying my XDS .45. They were going to take me to the hospital after hitting my head and injuring my right hand. I let the fireman know about my .45 and he told me the Deputy would take care of it. I told the Deputy my LTCH was in my wallet but he said he didn't care about that and only wanted to help me take it off and get on the stretcher. After I left with my son to the hospital, he stayed with my 3yr old daughter and entertained her as my wife was loaded in the ambulance.

At the hospital, he gave my XDS back to my father in law. We chatted a little about the XDS because his wife carries one.

Thank you to the men and women of Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, Carmel Police Dept, and Carmel Fire Dept.

You guys are ok? What the hell happened?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Praying all are in good shape and everything is fine. Hope you learned your lesson about surfing INGO while driving lol. Kudos to the men and women who serve us in time of need.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    That is something that has always concerned me about traveling with my gun. Sounds like you were fortunate in the fact that you encountered an officer that takes his job as a civil servant seriously, and was only there to assist you in your unfortunate situation, instead of unnecessarily compounding the predicament.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    You guys are ok? What the hell happened?

Kids are 100% okay. Car seats installed properly work wonders. Wife and I got hurt from the airbags and getting Tboned at 45+ mph. We never saw each other and I don't know if she saw the light. That intersection is extremely dangerous because it is on top of a hill.

Thanks everyone.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    You probably didn't even realize Justin is a reserve deputy and was volunteering his time to work the road and help people. Thanks for taking the time to write such nice summary of his actions. It would be nice if you forwarded your post to Sheriff Bowen.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    You probably didn't even realize Justin is a reserve deputy and was volunteering his time to work the road and help people. Thanks for taking the time to write such nice summary of his actions. It would be nice if you forwarded your post to Sheriff Bowen.

I didn't know that but good to know.

Sheriff Bowen will get a letter from me, don't worry. I had to call a HCSO neighbor of my dad to find out where my van was taken and told him the story. My dad is a friend of the Sheriff (since he is retired LAPD and knows every cop in the area). I'm sure he'll tell him personally over lunch how Deputy Whitaker took care of his grandchildren. And probably in a very dramatic way.

Last edited:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero

I just did.....I happen to have his email address.... :)

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Many accidents at that intersection, I remember one not too long ago. They should really come up with something.

Intersections on top of hills freak me out. There is one over in Noblesville, by that plant nursery and Fox Prairie Gun Club. The right and left sides both go up like /-\ so if you are on the right side, turning left on a green, you can't see the oncoming traffic who has the right of way until they get right up on top of the hill. That problem can be solved by adding a left arrow turn instead of a green light. They already made it NO RIGHT ON RED because it's a blind hill.

Top Bottom