• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, you don't want to sell them used games, just do that on Craigslist or here, or to friends. I have bought used games, but I never sell them anything. Other than that, I enjoy Gamestop. But I don't like how the one I went to to buy COD Modern Warfare 2 for my brother, carded me when I didn't have an ID on me. I had never been carded for a game before. They wouldn't accept my fishing license either with my DOB on it. AFAIK it is now a LAW, it is just a rating for the game, and they have complete discretion. I ended up going to Walmart and they just said " what is your DOB? ". Or they would just enter a random date. ( This was in Murfreesboro TN )

Heck, Walmart in Noblesville wouldn't sell my 19 year old brother an M rated game, I had to go get it for him, he didn't have his ID.

The worst was when my 45 year old father tried to buy beer for his friend who we were going fishing with. His friend didn't bring his wallet and they actually carded him. He looks 50 years old and they carded him! So my dad hands his ID over and the woman said NO I am NOT selling you this because you are with him, and he didn't have ID. We never went back there again....

Who leaves their house with out there ID? The clerk was in the right. There are "straw purchase" laws for alcohol. Sorry she wouldn't break the law.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Dropped into the Camby GameStop yesterday evening to pick up a gift card for a birthday present. While talking to the 2 people at the counter, a joking comment was made about wearing a hoodie. That turned to gun control and carrying. Both were very pro-carry and anti-gun control. One said they'd carry at work if allowed.

LCP in my pocket at the time, but I'll OC in there without hesitation. This is the place to go for your video games, folks.

:yesway: GameStop Camby
    Well, it is Camby. Hardly a bastion of liberalism or anti-gun sentiment. All of the comments I've received for OCing have been positive. No negative ones. And I've never been asked to leave or cover it up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You obviously haven't been around gaming long.

They give you a 20 dollar credit on a new game, and resell for 45 dollars. They offer 50 bucks or less on a system, and resell it at 50-75% retail. For accessories, the markup is even worse.

Gamestop is nothing but a specialty pawn shop, except they don't do loans.

You know they have to buy low and sell high, right?
    If they paid what they sold it for, they couldn't pay the bills.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I agree with pokersamurai on this, but I was the opposite growing up I live out in the country so I was introduced to guns at an early age

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You know they have to buy low and sell high, right?
    If they paid what they sold it for, they couldn't pay the bills.
    Giving a 2 day old game a 20 dollar trade credit isn't a markup, turning around and reselling it for 5 bucks less than a BNIB game isn't a markup.

Gamestop got into huge trouble a while back for selling games that they cut open and put the discs in sleeves as "new". They got into a whole lot of trouble, because the workers used to "rent" or borrow games (new) and then they'd sell them as "new".

Their corporate policy is a joke, their profit margin is ridiculous, and their prices are absurd for newish used media.

Amazon can get you new games on their release day, and none of the awkward workers weird stares when you walk in and buy some games, or are looking for a very retro title.

The last time I went to gamestop, was the Halo 4 release. That was because of free pizza, and a tourney with prizes. Almost got a free copy :)

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Who leaves their house with out there ID? The clerk was in the right. There are "straw purchase" laws for alcohol. Sorry she wouldn't break the law.

If you are going to make something up, at least cite what law you are thinking of.

Straw purchases only apply to someone who buys alcohol for someone who cannot legally buy the alcohol because they are under 21.

My dad was 45 and his friend was almost 50, but looks 50+ because he drinks so much, and is a landscaper, and is always in Florida under that sun. There is no way either of them look under 21, or even under 40 for that matter. No law was being broken, and it wouldn't have been illegal if she did it. She just wanted to be a jerk.

It only made my dad so mad because our family use to own a convenience store, and we would never have done that to a customer, and she was incredibly rude.

Just like "paper" ids state " Not valid form of identification" right on them. CA issues paper *driving permits* before they get their license. I always accepted those for 18 or 19 year old who wanted to buy cigarettes. It is ONLY illegal if they are under 18, I know the paper was real, and I had no reason to believe it was fake. I would rather keep the customers than be a jerk and make them wait. These paper IDS are basically about 6 half sheets of printer paper with a bunch of info on them, and a black and white picture, with some security features, and a signature page stapled together.

Last edited:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Back when I bought physical games, I OC'd gamestop all the time. The clerks were always cool about it. One day, a customer said I was going to rob the place... but he laughed about it. Yeeeeeah.

Lol, I had a similar experience in clarksville once, some teenager looked at my sidearm then at me and said " sir, please dont rob me for my fallout game" I couldnt help it, I just started laughing.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    The only odd experience I had was at the one in madison, we were talking about carrying one day and different firearms and about ltch's and such when the manager over heard looked at me and said "you better not be carrying in my store" my response " as a matter of fact I am, I can leave if it would make you more comfortable buy keep in mind I wont be back, sorry to sound rude but im not sacraficing my safety for anyone" she simply stated no that it was ok and not to worry about it. This was years ago though and im pretty sure its under new management.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If you are going to make something up, at least cite what law you are thinking of.

Straw purchases only apply to someone who buys alcohol for someone who cannot legally buy the alcohol because they are under 21.

My dad was 45 and his friend was almost 50, but looks 50+ because he drinks so much, and is a landscaper, and is always in Florida under that sun. There is no way either of them look under 21, or even under 40 for that matter. No law was being broken, and it wouldn't have been illegal if she did it. She just wanted to be a jerk.

It only made my dad so mad because our family use to own a convenience store, and we would never have done that to a customer, and she was incredibly rude.

Just like "paper" ids state " Not valid form of identification" right on them. CA issues paper *driving permits* before they get their license. I always accepted those for 18 or 19 year old who wanted to buy cigarettes. It is ONLY illegal if they are under 18, I know the paper was real, and I had no reason to believe it was fake. I would rather keep the customers than be a jerk and make them wait. These paper IDS are basically about 6 half sheets of printer paper with a bunch of info on them, and a black and white picture, with some security features, and a signature page stapled together.

Varies by state, and INs seems pretty lenient. I've seen people used in underage stings that easily look 30-40. One of my best friends was going bald and had a beware in 8th grade.

IC 7.1-5-7-15
    Aiding unlawful possession
    Sec. 15. A person twenty-one (21) years of age or older who knowingly or intentionally encourages, aids, or induces a minor to unlawfully possess an alcoholic beverage commits a Class C infraction.
    As added by P.L.102-1983, SEC.8.

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    Varies by state, and INs seems pretty lenient. I've seen people used in underage stings that easily look 30-40. One of my best friends was going bald and had a beware in 8th grade.

IC 7.1-5-7-15
    Aiding unlawful possession
    Sec. 15. A person twenty-one (21) years of age or older who knowingly or intentionally encourages, aids, or induces a minor to unlawfully possess an alcoholic beverage commits a Class C infraction.
    As added by P.L.102-1983, SEC.8.

I worked in a convenience store and corporate would actually send people who were 35-40 in because our policy was to card anyone under 40. That was for cigarettes.

Top Bottom