• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    What? "Cracks you up"? Just because.....

I'm a highly educated, well mannered, intellectual, expertly trained, courteous, trusting, fearless, nothing to hide SHEEP and I demand you take my rights away.......and while you're at it I give you permission to take the rights of EVERYONE else that disagrees with me. I have the right to give their rights away seeing how I'm sure that I am MORE highly educated, well mannered, intellectual, expertly trained, courteous, trusting, fearless, nothing to hide person than they are! AND I refuse to be tolerant of their intolerance!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

I'm a highly educated, well mannered, intellectual, expertly trained, courteous, trusting, fearless, nothing to hide SHEEP and I demand you take my rights away.......and while you're at it I give you permission to take the rights of EVERYONE else that disagrees with me. I have the right to give their rights away seeing how I'm sure that I am MORE highly educated, well mannered, intellectual, expertly trained, courteous, trusting, fearless, nothing to hide person than they are! AND I refuse to be tolerant of their intolerance!

You forgot "older."

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    You forgot "older."

Talk about OLD did I ever tell you about back in pioneer days my oxen would walk next to my son and explain to him how easy it is to be lead by a yoke and how if he didn't mind crapping in the middle of the road it was really a pretty easy life being lead around by the nose! :laugh:

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Y'all are still missing the point, while proving it. And, no. I'm a libertarian. I just know what I see when I see it.

Like I said, it's not the message I disagree with...you must've missed that part in your warming up the ol' flamethrower...it's the delivery that's going to cause folks thinking about gun ownership coming across these pages and thinking all gun owners are...prickly. That could hurt the cause more than someone showing unnecessary courtesy to a polite LEO once in a while.

I've said my peace. I'm secure in what I said...debate amongst yourselves as there's not going to be any value in me continuing on this thread.

Over and out.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Y'all are still missing the point, while proving it. And, no. I'm a libertarian. I just know what I see when I see it.

Like I said, it's not the message I disagree with...you must've missed that part in your warming up the ol' flamethrower...it's the delivery that's going to cause folks thinking about gun ownership coming across these pages and thinking all gun owners are...prickly. That could hurt the cause more than someone showing unnecessary courtesy to a polite LEO once in a while.

I've said my peace. I'm secure in what I said...debate amongst yourselves as there's not going to be any value in me continuing on this thread.

Over and out.

Can someone please explain to me how following the law is being discourteous???????? That has to be one of the weakest arguments I hear over and over again. " I just wanted to show some courtesy and open my mouth about my gun to the nice LEO":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

Over and out.

Horrors... we have "prickly people posting" on the net. Anyone who's been on the computer for over a week already knows that I am sure.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Some of us see how informing doesn't escalate the situation.

Any time if something that I have a CHOICE in can potentially cause me to have to remove a perfectly safe weapon (OK it's a Glock but that is for another posts!!! :laugh:) from a perfectly safe holster (OK it's a Fobus but that is for another posts!!! :laugh:) and disarm myself that is an escalation that is both UNNECESSARY and DANGEROUS FOR ALL INVOLVED!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here is my personal and profession opinion....

Those out here that enjoy to bash the LEO's that have decided to protect us, so we can legally carry our guns. It makes one wonder your reason for carrying and whether your should or not. With the attitudes I have been reading, it's no wonder you have bad experiences with law enforcement. It also makes we wonder why you are so concerned about hiding the fact your carrying, sounds like just because you can, which you think gives you control over the LEO's. NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last opinion on this high jacked thread that I started in an attempt to inform everyone of a great experience I had with the ISP. Also, to provide the LEO's that post out that not everyone is a jerk and actually appreciates their job.

!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

O'Rly?
    :laugh:
    Glad you used purple

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I'm new around here and it seems almost every thread turns into an argument!
    Anyway, I understand the desire to point out the good experience during a traffic stop. Beyond that it seems that you and some others aren't WILLING to get the point that is being made by some of these other dudes. Not only that but you ate the one that became VERY defensive and argumentative.
    I don't offer up ANY extra info during a stop and I sure don't see it as being polite. What I do see it as is a bit immature and actual wanting some further then just a routine stop to occur. Some people just gotta say " hey, look at me, I'm carrying blah, blah). They want to discuss it with the Leo or want acknowledged or attention or something.
    I got a buddy that says he's armed or has a gun in the vehicle every time he's stopped and he's the type that just has to have whatever extra "stuff" it brings to a simple traffic stop.
    Here's an example of these types of people. He crossed the border once and while waiting he had struck up a conversation with a border guard. When it was time to move through they shook hands and wished each other well and then my friend said, "might want to wash your hands, never know if I just contaminated you with anthrax or something". Well he was pulled over by the same dude and jumped all over. Now there's more to that story but the point is he likes the attention and most importantly he loves having stories to tell about the so called crazy stuff he's experienced and what most people don't understand is that he brings it all on himself and tries to put it off like he was, "just trying to be polite" nonsense!
    All of this is jmo of course:)

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    I'm new around here and it seems almost every thread turns into an argument!
    Anyway, I understand the desire to point out the good experience during a traffic stop. Beyond that it seems that you and some others aren't WILLING to get the point that is being made by some of these other dudes. Not only that but you ate the one that became VERY defensive and argumentative.
    I don't offer up ANY extra info during a stop and I sure don't see it as being polite.What I do see it as is a bit immature and actual wanting some further then just a routine stop to occur. Some people just gotta say " hey, look at me, I'm carrying blah, blah). They want to discuss it with the Leo or want acknowledged or attention or something.
    I got a buddy that says he's armed or has a gun in the vehicle every time he's stopped and he's the type that just has to have whatever extra "stuff" it brings to a simple traffic stop.
    Here's an example of these types of people. He crossed the border once and while waiting he had struck up a conversation with a border guard. When it was time to move through they shook hands and wished each other well and then my friend said, "might want to wash your hands, never know if I just contaminated you with anthrax or something". Well he was pulled over by the same dude and jumped all over. Now there's more to that story but the point is he likes the attention and most importantly he loves having stories to tell about the so called crazy stuff he's experienced and what most people don't understand is that he brings it all on himself and tries to put it off like he was, "just trying to be polite" nonsense!
    All of this is jmo of course:)

That is what open carry is all about, what you just described right there!:dunno:

Top Bottom