• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Was on my way home from visiting my mother in Eastern Indiana today when I was pulled over by the ISP on the Muncie bypass for speeding. He came up to the car stated that I was speeding, but, I was in his warning zone.

I gave him my registration, DL and LTCH. He asked If I had a gun in the car, I informed him it was in the center console. He asked me what kind, I told him Glock 19, he said great gun.

He told me to leave it there, handed me back my LTCH and went to his car. Came back a couple of minutes later, stated he was giving me a warning, told me to be careful and have a nice weekend.

Absolutely no problem, very professional. I plan on writing the ISP and giving him some kudos.

:yesway: for this Trooper.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You showed him your Cleavage - Didn't you?

I can't believe that old trick still works. :yesway:

FGshirt.jpg

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    You left out the part where he told you to get out of the car, shoved you to the ground and held you there with a jack boot to the face. Wouldn't be ISP without the jack boot to the face.

In related news... +1 to the LEO.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That's the price we have to pay for being very handsome.

Ok, for you, maybe but this does not explain me.

No, I know someone :D

Yes, of course, how can I forget someone who has the Indiana Senate mad at him as well as entire police departments . . . all for obeying the law.

Even when citizens are obeying the law we still make our rulers mad. *sigh*

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I've only been pulled over twice for speeding and got a ticket both times....what is your secret??? lol. Sounds like it was an all around good stop for you. Did you happen to notice if he was also carrying a Glock? You might of got some Glock brotherhood sympathy there.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to Washington, I think, the presentation of the LTCH should end all conversations concerning the firearm.

Someone correct me if I got it wrong.:D
    You're wrong. You're thinking of Richardson. Washington is no searches of unoccupied vehicles for a firearm of someone with a valid LTCH.

This is the way all stops should be. Just polite conversation about the gun, if they're talked about at all, but no "When in doubt, prone them out." B.S.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A trooper passed up a perfectly good ticket? :runaway:

dogs and cats, living together....mass hysteria!

:D

I agree, I didnt think they passed those up:D

A written warning counts against the trooper's required number of 'contacts'. Packaging it as such is how they claim with a straight face that they do not have a quota on tickets, although I personally doubt it would go over very well if he turned in a couple hundred warning tickets at the end of the month.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You're wrong. You're thinking of Richardson. Washington is no searches of unoccupied vehicles for a firearm of someone with a valid LTCH.

This is the way all stops should be. Just polite conversation about the gun, if they're talked about at all, but no "When in doubt, prone them out." B.S.

Thanks, I always mix em up.

Top Bottom