• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    I was reading outdoor life (while on the john...ik ik tmi :cool:) but stumbled across this collage of random pics and noticed a hi cap pistol mag and above it there was a few sentences that said "Californians continue to suffer at the hands of their anti-gun government. Ruger and Smith & Wesson will stop selling handguns there rather than comply with microstamping laws."
    Both Ruger and Smith went up a notch in my book.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'd move if I lived in Cali. I know it's not that simple, but I would start looking for jobs in AZ or a state like that if I lived in California.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My gut tells me that they will not be the only ones to opt out of sales in that state. Their reasoning was not so much because of any idealistic initiative, but because the micro stamping process is costly, and tedious. Without a national registration the micro stamping process would be a complete waste of time, and if it went to that extreme, the criminal population that this law would affect would circumvent the whole process in fairly short order. The only thing that this will accomplish in that state wil be to raise the prices of new guns that are allowed to be sold in that state, and also very likely cause an increase in price of the guns that are exempt, as their demand will also go up.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    From what I saw it was only semi-autos. They plan to make up sales lost with increased revolver sales. Glad to see they aren't completely abandoning the gun buyers stuck in the PRC.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Most everyone agrees the micro-stamping won't solve crimes, I don't believe those who passed the law ever intended to do more than to further hinder gun ownership.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    On one hand, it seems like a good thing they are doing and it will no doubt earn them some loyalty from other gun owners. On the other hand, what are they accomplishing? The number one goal of the liberals is to make it harder to get and own guns and eventually end gun ownership altogether. It seems to me that passing laws that have the end result of gun manufacturers deciding not to sell in their state is really more of a win for the liberals than us. I am sure they are celebrating this move as much or more than any of us. It also could set a precedent for other liberty hating states. "hey, look what they accomplished in California! Two major manufacturers quit selling there due to this law, we can accomplish the same thing with a similar law." Just seems like a double edged sword to me, and I'm afraid the wrong edge is the sharpest.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On one hand, it seems like a good thing they are doing and it will no doubt earn them some loyalty from other gun owners. On the other hand, what are they accomplishing? The number one goal of the liberals is to make it harder to get and own guns and eventually end gun ownership altogether. It seems to me that passing laws that have the end result of gun manufacturers deciding not to sell in their state is really more of a win for the liberals than us. I am sure they are celebrating this move as much or more than any of us. It also could set a precedent for other liberty hating states. "hey, look what they accomplished in California! Two major manufacturers quit selling there due to this law, we can accomplish the same thing with a similar law." Just seems like a double edged sword to me, and I'm afraid the wrong edge is the sharpest.
    Then what Cali has done is enact a de facto complete ban on guns. That's prime fodder for the Supreme Court to come in and smack them around.

NJ is next with their mandate of "personalized firearms".

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

I don't disagree with this at all. While it seems honorable and what not for manufacturers to take their business elsewhere, at some point you have to stand up and fight for what's right. Yes, you have to realize that people are getting what they voted for (more "change you can believe in", I suppose), but if no one stays to fight the good fight, there will eventually be no other place to run to. And just like NY or IL, the good, reasonably minded folks in rural areas are outnumbered/outvoted by the larger liberal big cities.

fatvette

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Exactly this. I commend S&W and Rugar for making a statement but this is exactly what the left wants. They will continue to throw crap at the wall just to see what sticks. Very BIG win for the libs.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    While Ruger and S&W are 'standing up' to the stupid CA regulations, the people of CA are the only ones who are really getting hurt.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    While Ruger and S&W are 'standing up' to the stupid CA regulations, the people of CA are the only ones who are really getting hurt.
    But "the people" are the only ones who can institute change. You hurt the people of CA and maybe they will vote out those who implemented these laws.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Makes me happy knowing I never had to be stationed there for longer than Boot camp, MCT, and while EAS'ing. Makes me sad I'll have to visit there some time in November when my BIL graduates, but at least it will be at most 3 days.

Top Bottom